Mr. Bennett's practice focuses on the area of construction litigation. Mr. Bennett's practice is devoted to assisting clients resolve complex construction problems with a focus on representing contractors in prosecuting and defending construction claims. Mr. Bennett represents clients in all aspects of the construction process, including contract preparation and risk management, counseling before and during projects to prevent disputes, and resolution of disputes during and after construction. Mr. Bennett has helped resolve complex legal issues associated with claims for extra work, project delays, disruption of work, lost efficiency, design liability, and defective workmanship. Mr. Bennett has experience resolving construction claims on large-scale public infrastructure projects, including highways, railroads, bridges, and industrial power facilities. He has assisted clients throughout the country, including projects in Florida, Texas, California, Louisiana and South Carolina.
Recently, Mr. Bennett assisted a design-build contractor in the successful prosecution and resolution of its claims on the $1B I-405 project in Los Angeles, California. Ultimately, the contractor successfully recovered more than $600M, including $410M on a principal claim of $510M. Mr. Bennett has also recently assisted clients in the successful resolution of complex construction issues on various projects, including a highway project in Texas, a railroad project in Virginia, and a bridge in south Florida. Mr. Bennett is currently assisting an EPC contractor with claims in excess of $50M on a 1000-megawatt natural gas-fired combined cycle power plant with a value of $500M in Maryland, and is assisting a design-build contractor on a $450M highway project in Texas.
- Construction Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- 2013, Florida
- 2016, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2013
- Certificate of Excellence in Florida Legal Research; Liaison to the American Bar Association; Legislative Legal Analyst to the Florida House of Representatives, Federal and State Affairs Committee; Leadership Florida, Class CLF XIV
- Florida State University, B.S., Political Science and Social Science, 2010
- Courtroom Contracting - Proving Reasonableness in Government Contract Disputes, Construction Lawyer, Vol. 36 (Spring, 2016)
- Florida Bar and American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division
- Construction Law Committee
- Young Professionals of Orlando Science Center, Executive Board Member