Nax Joye’s practice is centered on construction and commercial dispute resolution and litigation, with a primary focus on the representation of design-builders and contractors in the development, prosecution, defense, and resolution of complex construction claims. His most recent work includes the ongoing representation of the design-builder on an $1B+ heavy civil and rail PPP project in Colorado, with an essential role in the successful resolution of claims in excess of $100M, and the ongoing prosecution of claims in excess of $150M; significant assistance in the development, prosecution and successful resolution of approximately $80M in claims for the design-builder on a PPP cable stay bridge project in New York; significant assistance in the ongoing development and prosecution of over $400M on a heavy rail project in Virginia; and the ongoing, successful defense of $3M+ in claims against the general contractor for a high rise project in south Florida.
He has over a decade of experience in the contracting business, with concentration on large commercial roofing systems, as well as a strong background in residential and commercial real estate sales and development. His experience provides him valuable insight into both the business and technical complexities inherent to the firm's work.
- Construction Law and Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, 2018
- Activities and Honors: Book Awards in Complex Litigation, Appellate Advocacy, Electronic Discovery, Criminal Procedure, Law & Entrepreneurship, and Florida Condominium Law; Global Antitrust Institute International Moot Court Competition, Best Team Brief; Student Bar Association, President; Dean's Leadership Award, Spring 2018; Teaching Assistant, Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy; Florida Blue Key Leadership Honors Society, Member; Order of the Coif Honor Society, Member
- University of Florida Warrington College of Business, BSBA, Marketing, 2012
- Hansell M. Pasco III & Sean M. Dillon, CONSTRUCTION DISPUTES: REPRESENTING THE CONTRACTOR § 18 (Michael T. Callahan, et al. eds., 4th ed., 2019) (significant contributions to the chapter Pricing Damages)
- N. Joye and C. Tribbey, Unbundling Rights: An Overview of TDR, 88 THE BRIEFS 7 (Aug. 2020)
Organizational Involvement and Professional Associations
- The Florida Bar
- Florida 4-H Foundation, Board of Directors