Mr. Masterson represents large national and international general contracting firms, construction managers, owners and other construction-related entities in all phases of a construction project. He advises clients in regard to public and private construction, with a focus on major public infrastructure and public works projects, including roads and bridges, high-speed and light rail, ports, airports, nuclear facilities and military installations. He has worked on matters throughout the United States, from Florida to Hawaii and Texas to Connecticut.
Mr. Masterson renders advice in regard to procurement issues, including bid reviews and bid protests before local and state owners and the Government Accountability Office; contract preparation and negotiation with owners, subcontractors, and designers; contract administration; claims preparation, including complex, multi-million dollar claims for delay, disruption and acceleration; and all forms of dispute resolution. Mr. Masterson has represented clients in regard to more than $3.5 billion of public-private partnership and design-build construction work, advising these clients in proposal preparation, bid risks, contract negotiation, contract administration and claims preparation. He has also assisted clients in the preparation, presentation and resolution of more than $130 million of construction claims.
- 2001, Florida
- 2005, U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- 2003, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- 2004, U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Florida, B.A., 1998
- Board Certified in Construction Law by the Florida Bar
- Leader in Construction by Chambers and Partners, 2016
- The Florida Bar
- Florida Transportation Builders Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law, Member
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Member