Marshall H. McDonald is an associate with the firm and practices all aspects of law associated with representation of contractors and design-builders in the construction arena. Marshall is able to bring the knowledge he gained in obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Building Construction from the M. E. Rinker, Sr., School of Construction Management at the University of Florida to provide clients with a more thorough understanding of construction and related technical issues. Marshall is uniquely able to combine this understanding with his superior research and writing skills, which gained him the following at the University of Florida Levin College of Law: (i) Book Awards in Legal Writing, Legal Research, and Legal Drafting; and (ii) the position of Executive Articles Editor for the Journal of Law and Public Policy.
Generally, Marshall's practice includes representation of general contractors and design-builders both domestically and internationally on mega infrastructure, transportation, and commercial projects from procurement through dispute resolution. Most recently, Marshall has been engaged in representing a design-builder on a number of disputes totaling in excess of $100 million on a $1 billion plus rail project outside of Washington, D.C.; and representing an international contractor with respect to a civil companion case arising from a multi-billion dollar white collar criminal investigation originating in Brazil and commonly referred to as Lava Jato.
- Construction Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Juris Doctor, with Honors, 2015
- Activities and Honors: Book Awards in Legal Writing, Legal Research, and Legal Drafting; Teaching Assistant for Legal Writing, Appellate Advocacy, and Trial Practice; University of Florida Supreme Court, Chief Justice; Journal of Law and Public Policy, Executive Articles Editor; Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary Society
- University of Florida, Master of Science in Real Estate, 2015
- Activities and Honors: Capstone Competition, Winning Team; International Real Estate Study Tour and Case Study, Santiago, Chile
- • University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Building Construction, with Honors, 2012
- Activities and Honors: Construction Management Exchange Program, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; Associated General Contractors Student Chapter, President; Sigma Lambda Chi, The International Construction Honor Society; Phi Delta Theta Fraternity
- 2015, Florida
- 2017, California
- 2017, Law Society of Ontario (Canada)