John Moore’s practice is centered on construction and commercial dispute resolution and litigation, with a primary focus on the representation of design-builders and contractors in the development, prosecution, defense, and resolution of complex construction claims. Mr. Moore’s most recent work includes the ongoing representation of a Design-Builder on an $1.2B+ light-rail transit project in Los Angeles, California and a Design-Builder on an $1.2B+ heavy civil project in Denver, Colorado. Mr. Moore was also recently involved in defending a general contractor on a Florida Department of Transportation project in Miami, Florida which involved a multi-week bench trial in front of the Chief Judge for the Southern District of Florida.
Mr. Moore’s seven years of experience involving the representation of contractors and other businesses in construction and commercial disputes has also involved managing large electronic discovery matters, including the production of tens of millions of business records and other documents. Mr. Moore’s experience provides him with valuable insight into both the legal and technical complexities inherent to prosecuting and defending disputes on mega-construction projects.
- Construction Law and Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- 2015, Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, 2015
- Activities and Honors: Book Award in Public Policy Practicum; Book Award in Interviewing, Counseling, and Negotiation; Teaching Assistant for Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy; Vice President of the Florida Journal of International Law
- University of North Florida, M.A. (History), 2012, Magna Cum Laude
- University of North Florida, B.A. (Political Science), Summa Cum Laude