Former Partner, now Of Counsel
Mr. Pickert has been practicing law since 1981. He has a finance background and is Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar. He has been involved in a vast array of cases in several states, ranging from securities fraud, floor plan financing, theft of intellectual property and numerous other business torts to pure construction matters in both the commercial sector, including airports, bridges (including the Golden Gate Bridge), the San Vicente dam, the Tampa Bay Water Reservoir, the McCook Tunnel, the Atlanta-Fulton County Water Treatment Plant, the Savannah River nuclear facility, highways, manufacturing plants, multiple theme park structures, office buildings, and a twin-pad ice arena, and the residential sector, including moisture intrusion, mold, and construction defects, involving apartment complexes, condominiums, subdivisions, hotels, modular housing and single family homes.
- 1981, Florida, U.S. District Court, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First, Fifth, Ninth and Eleventh Circuits
- The Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- Also admitted pro hac vice in several states and Federal Courts for matters throughout the United States
- Argued before The Florida Supreme Court
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor, with honors, 1981 (Member, University of Florida Law Review, 1980-1981)
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, with high honors, 1978; Sigma Alpha Epsilon (President); Phi Kappa Phi; Beta Gamma Sigma
- Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, 5.0/5.0
- Leading Individual in Construction by Chambers & Partners
- Best Lawyers in America - Construction Law
- Florida Super Lawyers - Construction Law
- Corporate Counsel Edition - Super Lawyers - Construction Law
- Orlando's Best Lawyers - Construction Law
- Who's Who Legal - Construction
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
- The Legal 500
- Best Lawyers' 2014 Orlando Litigation - Construction "Lawyer of the Year"
- Best Lawyers' 2014-2015 Orlando Construction Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Best Lawyers' 2018 Orlando Construction Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Best Lawyers' 2019 Orlando Litigation - Construction "Lawyer of the Year"
- The Florida Bar
- The Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Associate Member of the Associated General Contractors of America
- Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
- American Institute of Architects
- RPPTL Construction Law Committee